For a refreshing summertime side dish, Cool Cucumber Salad helps “beat the heat.”
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (4 small or 2 large cucumbers)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Dill Weed
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- Pinch Red Pepper, Ground
- 1 Place cucumber slices in medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Stir in onions.
- 2 Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl. Pour over cucumbers and onions; toss lightly. Cover.
- 3 Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Toss before serving.
- 4 TIP: Sour Cream Dill Cucumber Salad: Prepare cucumbers and onion as directed. Omit vinegar, water and sugar. Mix 1/2 cup sour cream and seasonings. Toss with cucumber mixture.