Go Plum Dandy with this recipe for Cool ‘n’ Sweet Summer Plum Soup. It’s the perfect way to indulge in the true pleasure of plums!
Amazingly nutritious and when fully ripe, extremely delicious, plums can be turned into just about anything, like this oh-so-cool ‘n’ sweet-to-sip, chilled summer soup!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1/2 honey dew melon
- 8 large Black plums, pitted and chopped
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1 In small saucepan, combine sugar water and tarragon. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove pan to freezer. Meanwhile, clean and chop melon and plums.
- 2 Juice one lime into a blender. Remove sugar mixture from freezer, and carefully strain mixture into blender, discarding tarragon leaves.
- 3 Start blender, slowly adding fruit and melon till all is pureed. Pour mixture into freezer bag, and chill till slushy. Knead bag to break up clumps.
- 4 Serve as a cold dessert soup, topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of mint, if desired.
- Calories 320
- Fat 1
- Sodium 27
- Carbohydrates 80
- Fiber 3
- Sugar 73
- Protein 4