Cosmopolitan Recipe. Chuck Coggins, a bartender at Marion’s Continental Restaurant and Lounge in downtown Manhattan, reportedly created this drink. It is merely a variation on the popular Cosmopolitan, but the use of currant-flavored vodka makes it a drink unto itself. The inclusion of sweetened lime juice in addition to fresh lime juice makes this drink overpoweringly sweet for some. If you prefer a drier taste, cut the sweetened lime juice back to 1 1/2 teaspoons, but don’t omit it entirely because this drink does require some sweetness.
Recipe Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Guides, “The Bar Guide”, by Ray Foley (Time-Life Books, 1999).
- Ice cubes
- 2 1/2 fluid ounces Absolut Kurant vodka
- 1 tablespoon sweetened lime juice, such as Rose's
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 lime juice
- 1 Fill a cocktail shaker two-thirds full of ice cubes. Add the vodka, sweetened lime juice, fresh lime juice and cranberry juice and shake well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with the lime wedge.
- 2 Serves 1.