This tasty, golden brown casserole can be ready in less than one hour or you can make it the night before, chill, and then bake it in the morning. Choose lower fat cheese, milk and sausage for a lighter, yet still tasty version.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 roll (12 ounces) breakfast sausage
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package McCormick® Original Country Gravy Mix or 1 package McCormick®Sausage Country Gravy Mix
- 6 slices bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook crumbled sausage in large skillet on medium heat until brown, stirring occasionally. Drain sausage. Spread in lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- 2 Beat eggs, water, milk and Gravy Mix in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Pour over cheese. Arrange bread cubes evenly over mixture. Drizzle butter over bread, if desired. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 3 Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 4 TIPS: Cover and refrigerate unbaked casserole overnight. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 325°F oven 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.