You can’t get more Texan than this!
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 2 packages Pioneer Country Gravy Mix (2.75 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large cube steaks
- 1 In a pie plate combine 1 package of Pioneer Country Gravy Mix, salt, paprika, onion and garlic powder. Mix well.
- 2 In a separate pie plate, beat together eggs and milk.
- 3 In heavy skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 4 Coat cube steaks first in dry gravy mix, dip in egg, then again in dry gravy mix. Fry steaks 2-3 minutes each side, or until desired doneness.
- 5 While steaks are frying, prepare second package of Pioneer Country Gravy Mix according to package directions.
- 6 When steaks are done, remove to platter. Serve hot, ladled with gravy.