Take a break from the usual potato and rice side dishes and serve this nutty, sweet and savory couscous creation.
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup toasted almonds or pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Place the raisins in a small bowl and add enough boiling water to cover them. Let the raisins sit in the water until they plump and soften, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2 Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan and add the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 3 Stir in the couscous, making sure that all of it is wet. Cover and set the saucepan aside in a warm place until the couscous is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4 Stir in the raisins, toasted almonds or pine nuts, and parsley. Drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil over the top.