The flavors in this recipe will keep your cowboys coming back for more.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
When measuring Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, gently spoon mix into nested (dry) measuring cup/s. Using a metal spatula or straight-edged knife, level off the top.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (1.61 ounce) Pioneer Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 1/4 cups brewed coffee (cooled to room temperature) or water
- 1 can (15 ounce) pork and beans (undrained)
- 1 can (15 ounce) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) navy beans, drained
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ROUNDUP BACON BISCUITS: 3 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 In large 12-inch cast-iron skillet, cook and stir beef and onions until beef is brown and onions are translucent.
- 2 Dissolve gravy mix in coffee; add to beef mixture. Heat to boiling. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients except biscuits; heat through. Remove from heat.
- 3 Prepare Roundup Bacon Biscuits: Measure Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix into mixing bowl; set aside. Stir together sour cream and milk; add to Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix. Stir until dough forms a ball.
- 4 Turn out onto surface dusted with additional Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix. Knead 7 to 10 times. Roll out to 12x8-inch rectangle. Spread top with butter. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- 5 Beginning at one long side, roll up dough (jellyroll style). Cut into 1-inch slices; place over beef and bean mixture.
- 6 Bake at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.