A creamy chive-infused dip, best served with fresh homemade wheat pita crackers!
This recipe is part of a story by Laura Kurella on the benefits of growing your own chives. Click here to find the original story and more chive-infused recipes.
- 4 whole wheat pita breads, halved
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 strips bacon, cooked until crisp, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- 2 Cut each pita half into 4 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 3 Brush with oil then sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until crisp and golden.
- 4 In a medium bowl, combine cooked bacon, Neufchatel, sour cream and chives.
- 5 Transfer dip to a serving bowl. Arrange pita chips and dip on a platter and serve.