Silky smooth, rich and oh-so-chocolatey, this incredible pie is made with Askinosie Natural Cocoa Powder.
Recipe courtesy of Mimi (Anne) and Askinosie™ Chocolate.
- 6 tablespoons Askinosie Natural Cocoa Powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Dissolve cocoa into 2 tablespoons butter. Add milk over medium heat and stir until well-mixed.
- 2 Mix corn starch, flour and sugar together and slowly add to milk mixture.
- 3 Cook, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken.
- 4 Beat egg yolks together. Remove 1/2 cup of milk mixture and slowly add to eggs and mix.
- 5 Add to milk mixture while stirring constantly and cook until thick.
- 6 Add the other 2 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla and stir.
- 7 Pour into 9-inch baked pie shell.
- 8 Top with whipping cream, cool whip, or meringue.