A delicious salmon fillet with a garlic and herb cream cheese tucked inside a premade flaky puff pastry and baked to perfection. This recipe is packed with flavor, while still being light enough to make a perfect spring lunch.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 half side of salmon, roughly 16 oz
- 1 pack ready rolled pastry crust
- 4 oz creamy garlic and herb soft cheese
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of water
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400F.
- 2 Divide the salmon into two equal pieces, using any tail trimmings as necessary.
- 3 Lay the pastry sheet out and unroll.
- 4 Place one-half of the salmon, skinned side up, in the center of the pastry.
- 5 Add the cream cheese and spread out as necessary. Place the other half on top.
- 6 Wrap the fish in the pastry, removing any bulky excess and sealing any edges with egg wash.
- 7 Turn over, egg wash the top, cut three slits and decorate with any pastry trimmings.
- 8 Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until the pastry is crisp and golden brown and the fish fully cooked yet still moist.
- 9 Serve hot, in slices, with the potatoes and salad.