This Creamy Sweet Pea Soup Shots with Chives is creatively served and beautifully indulgent–with all fresh ingredients.
- 1 bag frozen sweet peas
- 1-1/2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine (dry)
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans (navy ) or you can use canned beans
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Dollop of cream (optional)
- 1 small package of fresh chives for garnish
- 1 Sauté onions on low medium heat with olive oil until translucent about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2 Add garlic and chopped chives.
- 3 Sauté for another 2 minutes.
- 4 Add vegetable broth and beans.
- 5 Cook for another ten minutes on low.
- 6 Add frozen peas and salt.
- 7 Cook for additional 4 minutes.
- 8 Puree soup in blender in batches and blend until smooth.
- 9 Return puree to pot and cook on
- 10 medium low for about 1 minute, then add a dollop of cream and lightly stir.
- 11 Pour soup in shot glass, cut packaged chives into about 2 inches in length and place in shot glass with soup. Serve at room temperature or chilled.