Make this smooth and satisfying soup mix to give to your loved ones. It will help to keep your relationship warm and wonderful.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
Add a colorful cloth and ribbon to each jar, plus a card with the simple instructions for simmering the soup, and you’ve got a great gift.
If you like, prepare the jars up to a month before. The ingredients will stay fresh tightly sealed in the jars.
- 1 package Pioneer Country Gravy Mix (2.75 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dried mushrooms
- 1 Pour Pioneer Country Gravy Mix into wide-mouth pint jar. In small bowl, stir together bouillon granules, onion, celery and parsley. Pour into jar to make second layer. Add layers of wild rice, white rice and mushrooms. Seal with lid.
- 2 Make a Gift Tag: "Empty contents of jar into a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add 7 cups water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Makes 6 servings."
- 3 Attach gift tag and decorate jar as desired.