The chefs at Rattan Direct bring you a traditional English recipe made with suet, sherry, fruit and a delicious mix of spices! This canned dish is the perfect comfort food to help you face the cold winter days to come.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 1/2 cup currants
- 1 bramley apple
- 1 1/4 cup suet
- 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 6 1/2 tbsp fino sherry
- 1 Heat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2 Sterilize 6 canning jars by placing them in the warm oven
- 3 Sterilize 6 canning lids by placing them in boiling water
- 4 Combine all ingredients and stir together over low heat
- 5 Allow ingredients to simmer for 10 minutes
- 6 Bottle in warm canning jars and put lids on immediately.