Crimson baked cranberries will be a beautiful and tasty addition to your holiday table. And, the great part is this dish can be made up to 4 days in advance, so you won’t be rushed to complete it when putting your feast together.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups (Serves 5)
Facts per Serving
Calories: 208 Fat, Total: 0g Carbohydrates, Total: 49g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1mg Protein: 0g
Fiber: 3g % Cal. from Fat: 0% % Cal. from Carbs: 94%
- One 12-ounce bag cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspon allspice
- 3 tablespoons brandy, or orange juice
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2 Combine cranberries, sugar, cinnamon and allspice in a small baking dish. Cover and bake until sugar melts and mixture bubbles, stirring once, about 55 minutes.
- 3 Uncover and bake until liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes longer. Immediately stir in brandy. Let sauce cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 4 DO-AHEAD TIP: Can be made up to 4 days ahead.