Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Topped with caviar, smoked salmon, and whipped cream flavored with lemon vodka, these toast points are the ultimate luxury.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Calories: 82 Fat, Total: 5g Carbohydrates, Total: 4g
Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 347mg Protein: 4g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 55% % Cal. from Carbs: 20%
- 4 thin slices dense white bread, like Pepperidge Farm
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- FOR THE VODKA WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and white pepper
- 16 paper-thin slices of smoked salmon
- 1 to 2 ounces of your favorite caviar
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 Trim the crusts off the bread and cut each slice into triangles. Lightly brush on both sides with melted butter. Arrange the bread on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes per side. Transfer the resulting toast points to a cake rack to cool.
- 3 Loosely roll up the smoked salmon slices and stand each roll on end. Fold out the top of the roll to simulate the petals of a flower. Pipe a rosette of whipped cream on each toast point. (Or mound it on the toast point with a spoon.) Place the salmon "flower" on top and fill with a dollop of caviar