A refreshing, fresh, cucumber salad made with chives, feta cheese, avocado oil, and freshly-cracked peppercorns!
Want more cucumber recipes? Click here for three recipes to cool down with cucumber, this summer.
- 2 thin-skinned cucumbers
- Handful fresh chives
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked peppercorns
- 1 Scrub cucumber skins with a scotch pad or scrub brush that is wet and sprinkled with generous amount of baking soda. Rinse well with cool water then pat dry.
- 2 Using a mandolin or a potato peeler, slice cucumber vertically to create long, thin, ribbon-like slices. Place in a serving bowl then, using scissors, snip chives into small pieces over sliced cucumber.
- 3 Break feta up and sprinkle over salad then add fresh oregano leaves. Drizzle with oil and vinegar then top with cracked pepper, serving extra pepper on the side, if desired.