Add some real red-carpet flair to your own watch party with this fun Darkest Stormy Hour Cocktail recipe from entertainment and lifestyle expert Lynn Lilly of Craft Box Girls.
Lilly has partnered with Bernzomatic, a leader in kitchen cooking torches to create some fun recipes with more than a little visual drama.
She also offers these essential tips for working with a kitchen torch:
- Follow safety instructions provided, tying back long hair
- When using more intense torches, use safety gear such as gloves and glasses
- Don’t use around flammable materials or surfaces
- Use in a well-ventilated room or outdoors
- Dark rum
- Ginger beer
- Fresh lime juice
- Thin slices of ginger
- Lime to garnish
- 1 Fill a glass with ice and combine equal parts rum and ginger beer and add a splash of fresh lime juice.
- 2 Use the Bernzomatic TS4000 torch to flame a piece of ginger and drop it in the cocktail while lit.
- 3 Garnish with a fresh lime wedge.