Try this luscious variation of a classic pecan pie for a memorable end to your holiday meal. The spicy crunch of a traditional pecan pie nestles on top of a layer of divinely rich chocolate.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 569, Fat: 29 g, Carbohydrates: 72 g, Cholesterol: 98 mg, Sodium: 244 mg, Fiber: 2 g,
Protein: 5 g.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Allspice, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 9-inch pie plate with pie crust. Partially bake crust 7 minutes. Remove and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- 2 Microwave chocolate chips and milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour chocolate evenly over crust; set aside. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Slowly pour mixture over chocolate layer. Place ring of aluminum foil around edges of crust to prevent over-browning.
- 3 Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is puffed but center is still soft enough to move when shaken gently. Tent pie with foil if crust browns too quickly. Cool on wire rack.