The big game day is imminent and we’ve got lots of recipes and tips coming to help you shine at your own watch parties or those you’re attending.
These Decadent Garlic Home Fries will go faster than you can snap a football. The recipe is another in our series from extravaGONZO, featuring the company’s crisp, pure-tasting Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
You can learn more about the them and shop for Gourmet Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars here. —Editor
- Kosher salt
- 2 pounds large red bliss potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extravaGONZO Roasted Garlic Oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, cover and cook over medium-high heat until just tender, about 6 minutes; drain.
- 2 Heat the butter and extravaGONZO Roasted garlic Oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- 3 Add potatoes and spread into a single layer. Cook until they start browning on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- 4 Add the onion and sprinkle with the paprika; flip the potatoes and cook 5 more minutes.
- 5 Stir once, then continue cooking until the potatoes are mostly golden brown, about 6 more minutes.
- 6 Meanwhile, chop the garlic, pile the parsley on top and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Mash together until finely minced.
- 7 When the potatoes are done, add the garlic mixture to the skillet and toss to coat; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.