This is one of a series of cocktail recipes from the recent Mixology Match held in Washington, D.C., hosted by Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum and The Cocktail Nation to benefit Children of Restaurant Employees (CORE). Our friends at Nightclub & Bar are proud partners of CORE and we thank them for sharing these winning recipes with our audience!
Condensed from original event coverage by Kelly Magyarics. Recipe courtesy Luis Flores, Bartender, Cuba Libre DC. Photo courtesy of Carlos Martinez.
- 1.5 ounces Diplomatico Rum Mantuano
- 1/2 ounce Drambuie
- 1/2 ounce Rothman & Winter Orchard Apricot Liquer
- 3/4 ounce Velvet Falernum
- Garnish Orange Twist
- 1 Add all ingredients, except garnish, to a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until well chilled.
- 2 Strain into a coupe or rocks glass and garnish with orange twist.