Dothraki Stuffed Artichokes is one in a series of recipes created by Andrea Correale, founder and president of Elegant Affairs. These recipes are designed to take your “Game of Thrones” final season watch party all the way to the Iron Throne. Find cocktails and other appetizer recipes here.
- 4 artichokes
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2 Rinse artichokes and peel away outer layers and discard. Cut stem below the bulb.
- 3 Place artichokes on a deep-dish baking pan. Pour water into the pan, just enough to cover the whole bottom. Drizzle artichokes with olive oil and roast 45 minutes.
- 4 Remove pan from the oven and drain remaining water into a separate bowl. Cover artichokes with aluminum foil (tight to keep warm) and set aside.
- 5 Using a medium saucepan, add leftover water from the artichoke pan. Add one more cup of water to the saucepan. Add-in the quinoa. Bring to a bowl, over medium heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes until quinoa is soft.
- 6 In a skillet, heat the oil. When hot, add shallots and sauté until golden brown. Add basil and pine nuts. Add quinoa, salt and pepper to taste and combine thoroughly. Remove from heat.
- 7 Take the artichokes and using your fingers, open up the petals and gently stuff in the quinoa mixture using a teaspoon.
- 8 Platter and serve!