This recipe for Doughless Potato Knishes is shared by our friends at Kosher.com, a resource that has become my go-to for education and delicious kosher recipes. Doughless Potato Knishes is one in a series of recipes shared to celebrate Passover. —Editor
- 5 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 2 eggs
- 1 Add potatoes to a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for at least 20 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash potatoes.
- 2 Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, potato starch, and eggs. Grease a silicone mold and spoon mixture into it. Cover and bake at 350°F for one hour.
- 4 Refrigerate knish for one hour before removing from mold. Serve at room temperature.