These upside-down pot pies make for a unique presentation.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
Filling can be made up to 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.
- 1 package Pioneer Country Gravy Mix (2.75 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimento, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Thoroughly oil insides and outer rims of 6 10-ounce straight-sided baking dishes; set aside.
- 2 Prepare Pioneer Country Gravy Mix according to package directions, adding bouillon granules to 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Combine gravy, chicken and next 5 ingredients. Spoon about 1 cup mixture into each dish.
- 3 Add Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix to milk in a mixing bowl; blend well. Turn dough out onto a floured surface lightly sprinkled with additional baking mix. Divide into 6 balls. Pat or roll each ball into a 5-inch circle.
- 4 Center one circle on top of each dish. Press lightly to seal along top edge of dish.
- 5 Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6 Loosen edge of crusts and carefully invert onto serving plates.