An easy and nutritious way to create a quick nibble, Downtown Nachos offer a full plate of delicious flavor that delivers one chip at a time! Perfect for game day or any other gathering of friends and/or family.
- 4 (8-inch) tortillas, flour or corn
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Pepper, to taste
- Green onion (optional, garnish)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using scissors or a knife, cut each tortilla in half four times to create 8 evenly-sized triangle pieces.
- 2 Spread tortilla pieces out on a large, jelly roll pan then spray with cooking spray and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 3 Remove from oven and turn chips over and re-arrange so the crisp up evenly. Return to oven for 2 to 5 minutes, checking for crispness.
- 4 Once chips are crisp, remove from oven and place in a flame-proof dish. Preheat broiler to medium heat.
- 5 Sprinkle chips with corn, tomatoes, scallions and jalapeño pepper then spoon on sour cream. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and pepper then place under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.