This dish is packed full of nutrients and very easily adapted to whatever sort of flavor you want to add to the chard. By using a variety of vegetables this dish boasts the right stuff to keep you from getting sick this cold winter. Not to mention it’s going to warm your belly and impress your mouth with the array of complex flavors rooted in this vegan dish!
Want to see how it’s done? Check out the video here!
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen chard, chopped
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms or baby portabellas, rough chopped or sliced
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 5 ounces of regular coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of red curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 Sautee shallots with 1 tablespoon coconut oil for 1 minute and add chard and mushrooms; cook until chard is wilted.
- 2 Add coconut milk and seasonings.
- 3 Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- 4 For a creamier consistency, carefully transfer to a bowl and pulse with a hand mixer until desired consistency is reached. Or transfer to a blend or food processor and pulse leaving a few mushroom chunks visible.
- 5 To vary this flavor of this recipe, replace the curry powder with ½ teaspoon Garam Masala.