The holiday season brings out the baker in all of us. Keep the fun going (and get ready for Valentine’s Day) with this recipe for an Easy Breezy Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcake from our friends at J.R. Watkins.
Perfect for those just delving into baking or cupcakes specifically, and for anyone who wants to bake their own, but need to keep it simple, while still delivering maximum flavor.
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Watkins Pure Ground Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Watkins Coarse Sea Salt, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups freshly brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Watkins Original Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tablespoon Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1-1/4 cups mini chocolate chips, lightly dusted with flour*
- 1 In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking cocoa, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- 2 Combine sugar, coffee, buttermilk, grapeseed oil, vanilla, eggs, and egg yolks in another large bowl. Beat until the egg mixture is blended. Add dry ingredients and beat on medium speed until well blended, about 4 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3 Heat oven to 325°F/165°C. Spoon batter into cupcake papers, filling about 2/3 full.
- 4 Bake until the center of the cupcake is firm to the touch; about 26-28 minutes. Makes 3-4 dozen cupcakes or about 90 mini cupcakes (bake 20-22 minutes).
- 5 If desired, frost with a simple vanilla butter cream frosting with chocolate swirl topping.
- 6 *Dusting chocolate chips lightly with flour, helps the chocolate chips from going to the bottom of the bowl.