Try this quick and fantastic bread that begins with a biscuit baking mix. Cream cheese gives the bread a rich flavor, yams give a natural sweetness, and cranberries add a burst of tartness.
For this and other great holiday gift giving ideas, watch Holly Clegg’s Rush Hour Recipes video series, here.
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes (yams), drained and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 Preheat oven 350°F.
- 2 Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3 In large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4 Beat in sweet potatoes (yams) and eggs.
- 5 Stir in biscuit mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cranberries until just blended.
- 6 Transfer to prepared pan.
- 7 Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8 Cool in pan 15 minutes before serving.