Give yourself a head start with dinner and use a slow cooker to create your next meal. With only three ingredients that cook while you relax, this pot roast recipe couldn’t be any simpler to prepare and make.
Terrific Tips: If not using a slow cooker, you can bake in the oven at 325°F. about 4 hours or until tender. To cook safely, make sure your slow cooker is filled at least half full, but no more than 2/3 full. In addition, don’t confuse Chili Sauce (found by mayo and dressings section of grocery) with Asian “hot” chili sauce or you’ll have a very spicy recipe. Season roast the day before and refrigerate, if time permitted.
- 1 (4-pound) beef sirloin tip roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced or garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup lite beer
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 Cut slits in roast and stuff pieces of garlic throughout meat.
- 2 Season meat with pepper.
- 3 In 3 1/2-6-quart slow cooker, insert plastic liner if desired, and mix together beer, chili sauce and onion soup mix.
- 4 Add roast and turn to coat with sauce.
- 5 Cook on LOW 6-8 hours or until tender.