Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe. Shepherd’s Pie made simple by mixing vegetables in with ground beef and layering with piping hot mashed potatoes and topped with cheese.
This recipe courtesy of KRAFT®.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving): Calories 410, Total fat 23 g, Saturated fat 12 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 710 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Dietary fiber 6 g, Sugars 5 g, Protein 25 g, Vitamin A 110 %DV, Vitamin C 25 %DV, Calcium 20 %DV, Iron 15 %DV.
KRAFT® Kitchens Tips:
Save 70 calories, 9 grams of fat and 5 grams of saturated fat per serving by preparing with extra lean ground beef, PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cream Cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese and KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese.
Barbecue Shepherd’s Pie:
Prepare as directed, omitting the garlic and substituting 3/4 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce mixed with 1/2 tsp. onion powder for the gravy.
Use instant mashed potatoes. Prepare potatoes as directed on package, omitting the milk. This way when you add the cream cheese the potatoes stay fluffy.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1 PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Brown meat in large skillet. Meanwhile, mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the garlic until well blended.
- 2 DRAIN meat. Return to skillet; stir in vegetables and gravy. Spoon into 9-inch square baking dish; cover with potato mixture and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- 3 BAKE 20 minutes or until heated through.