These individual egg cups come out looking like mini soufflés. Nice portion size and all protein.
Why Try? You’ve had them poached, scrambled, over easy, hard and soft boiled, and sunny side up. It’s time for something different!
- 8 farm fresh eggs
- Fresh or dried herbs
- 16 ham slices
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup Provel cheese
- Non-stick spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Spray 8, two-inch ramekins with non-stick vegetable cooking spray. Place 2 ham slices in the bottom of each forming a lining on the bottom of each cup.
- 2 Add evenly grated or roped Provel cheese into each cup. Add sprinkles of fresh sage & thyme or dried Italian seasoning into each cup.
- 3 Whisk eggs, cream, salt & pepper and pour mixture into cups.
- 4 Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes until eggs puff up & cheese is golden brown on top.
- 5 Remove from oven and let stand for 1-2 minutes. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the ham which holds the eggs & cheese onto warmed, small pretty plates.