The ideal breakfast, this recipe has perfectly cooked eggs, and fresh vegetables, coupled with warm, flaky pastry crust. This bright and beautiful tart easily comes together for an impressive breakfast/brunch. You can even double, or triple, this recipe for a larger crowd.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 6 large asparagus, trimmed and shaved
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shaved
- 4 large eggs
- 11/2 cups mixed greens
- 2 green onions, sliced thin, white and green parts
- 1 large radish, sliced thin
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Cracked black pepper, as needed
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- 3 Layer thawed puffed pastry, gently pressing down the edges together.
- 4 Using a 3-inch round cutter, lightly press 4 circles into the pastry, being careful not to press through. Spread asparagus and half of the carrots around the circles, gently pressing into the dough. Sprinkle vegetables with salt.
- 5 Bake 15 minutes, remove and let cool for 5-6 minutes.
- 6 Using the same cutter, retrace the circles and press cutter all the way through. Remove the circles. In each circle, place one raw egg. Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Return pan to the oven and bake 12 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are still runny. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
- 7 In a small bowl, add greens, remaining carrot strips, sliced green onions, radish, lemon juice, oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss Gently to combine. Arrange mixture around the eggs. Cut into four pieces and serve.