English Fish ‘n Chips Recipe. McCormick’s Fish ‘n Chips Seafood Batter Mix makes an ideal coating for making great-tasting deep fried fish. For a the traditional English-style dish, serve with French fries, known as “chips” to the Brits.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup McCormick® Fish 'n Chips Seafood Batter Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into serving size pieces
- Malt vinegar (optional)
- 1 Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F on medium heat.
- 3 Stir Batter Mix and water in medium bowl until smooth. Dip cod fillets into batter.
- 5 Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels. Serve with malt vinegar and French fries or fried potato wedges, if desired.