What’s a tailgating party without a few footballs to pass around? These fabulous little cookies are the charming end to any pre-game event. We’ve popped them on a stick for even more fun.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 3/4 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 In large mixer bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, ginger, cinnamon and cloves; beat until light and fluffy. Add Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, beating on low speed to combine.
- 2 Chill dough for at least 1 hour. On surface dusted with Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, roll out half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness. With cookie cutter, cut out football shapes (or other shapes as desired). Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3 Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are no longer moist. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 4 To decorate, place white chocolate chips and shortening in heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; microwave on 50 percent power for 3 to 4 minutes, massaging bag every minute, or until chips are melted.
- 5 Cut off tip of one corner of bag. Pipe melted white chocolate onto cookies to resemble seams on footballs.
- 6 Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies, depending on size of cutter.