Fennel Crusted Grouper Recipe. Toasted fennel seeds along with dill, and thyme make a terrific crust for grouper in this recipe developed by Chef Allen Susser of Chef Allen’s Restaurant, in Aventura, Florida.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Fennel Seed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
- 2 pounds grouper fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 Toast fennel seeds in small dry skillet on medium heat 30 seconds or until aromatic. Immediately remove from skillet to avoid over-toasting. Crush seeds in small bowl with mortar and pestle, spice mill, clean coffee grinder or rolling pin. Mix with dill, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 2 Rub spice mixture evenly on both sides of grouper fillets. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 3 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Add white wine; cook 1 minute.
- 4 TIP: Serve with Vanilla Beurre Blanc for a special presentation.