Recipe courtesy of foodchannel.com.au., Australia.
Why wait for a table in a busy restaurant on a Friday night when you can cook this Middle-Eastern inspired meal at home in less than 30 minutes.
- Four 7-ounce veal cutlets
- 160g Australian Feta, cut into slices
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped preserved lemon
- 1/3 cup polenta (cornmeal)
- 20g Australian Butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- COUS COUS:1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 20g Australian Butter, extra
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped preserved lemon
- 1 Make a horizontal cut through the center of the veal cutlets, cutting almost all the way through. Stuff evenly with feta slices and preserved lemon and seal opening with toothpicks.
- 2 Dip cutlets in polenta until coated. Heat a frypan with butter and oil and pan-fry cutlets for 2-3 minutes on either side or until browned. Transfer to an oven tray and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 3 Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil and add cous cous. Remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes or until the stock is absorbed. Loosen cous cous with a fork and stir in parsley, extra butter and preserved lemon. Serve with cutlets.
- 4 NOTE:When using preserved lemon, remove the flesh and only use the rind.