A great Tomato and Field Greens Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette from the Florida Department of Agriculture.
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 6 shallots, peeled and cut into fourths
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups mixed lettuce greens
- 2 tangerines, cut into segments
- 4 ounces blue cheese, sliced
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 cup tangerine vinaigrette
- Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup tangerine juice
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2 Coat peeled shallots with olive oil and place in a baking dish.
- 3 Roast until shallots are soft and brown color has been achieved, about 15-20 minutes.
- 4 Remove from oven and cool.
- 5 Toss remaining ingredients with dressing and roasted shallots.
- 6 Serve immediately.
- 7 To make Citrus Vinaigrette, combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl and slowly whisk in oil.
- 8 Season with salt and pepper to taste.