- 1 1/2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups strawberry preserves
- 1/3 cup plus 4 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 pound Italian mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/3 cup natural sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 52 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 Whisk preserves, 1/3 cup orange liqueur and orange juice together. Place mascarpone cheese and 2 tablespoons orange liqueur in large bowl; fold just to blend. Using a whisk, beat cream, sugar, vanilla and remaining 2 tablespoons orange liqueur in another large bowl to soft peaks. Stir 1/4 of whipped cream mixture into mascarpone mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining whipped cream a small amount at a time.
- 2 Slice half of the strawberries. Spread 1/2 cup preserves mixture over the bottom of a 3-quart serving dish or a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Arrange enough ladyfingers over strawberry mixture to cover bottom of dish. Spoon 3/4 cup preserves mixture over ladyfingers, then spread 2 1/2 cups mascarpone mixture on top. Arrange 2 cups sliced strawberries over mascarpone mixture. Repeat layering with remaining lady fingers, preserves mixture and mascarpone mixture. Cover with plastic and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 3 Slice remaining strawberries. Arrange over tiramisu and serve.