Adding to our series of Valentine’s Day cocktails, Duo Restaurant & Lounge is offering the Forbidden Kiss. Created by DUO’s expert cocktail team, the Forbidden Kiss has all the excitement of a jello-shot with the added class of fine Italian Prosecco. Created by Sabina and Lorraine Belkin.
- 2oz. Absolut apple orient
- .5oz. Lime juice
- .5oz. Simple syrup
- 2oz. Prosecco
- 2 Gelatin sheets
- Diced Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Soften gelatin sheets in ice water.
- 2 Mix Absolut apple, lime juice and simple syrup and then warm this mixture.
- 3 In a bowl, mix the gelatin sheets with the warmed Absolut mixture until gelatin is dissolved.
- 4 Add Prosecco and diced fresh strawberries to the mix.
- 5 Put mix in a mold and put in refrigerator until gelatin hardens (about 15 minutes).
- 6 Serve in special shot glass topped with Ginger ale and .5oz drops of either grenadine, Chambord, or apple pucker.