In honor of what would have been Frank Sinatra’s 102nd birthday, we bring you recipes from his favorite haunt, Patsy’s Italian Restaurant of New York®. This recipe for Frank’s Lemon Ricotta Torte is the perfect Italian ending.
Find other recipes in this series:
- 1 (3-pound container) Whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1-2/3 cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs, extra large
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Juice from One Lemon
- As needed for greasing pan Butter and Flour
- If desired for Topping Zest from one lemon
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and juice from the lemon until well blended.
- 3 Butter and flour a 9x2-inch round baking pan. Spoon the mixture into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula. To prevent the spillage of rising batter over the side of the pan, construct a collar around the pan that extends at least two inches above the top with a sheet of aluminum foil folded in half lengthwise and secured with tape. Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 55 minutes.
- 4 Refrigerate for three to four hours. Remove from refrigerator and allow to return to room temperature before serving. Sprinkle with lemon zest, if desired.