Fresh ginger and ginger ale lend a slightly sweet, spicy flavor to the classic margarita. To make fast work of grating ginger, use a specially designed grater, which leaves the fibers behind.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 2 cups lemon and lime margarita mix
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 1 1/3 cups ginger ale
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Sugar for rimming glasses (optional)
- 1 In a blender, combine the margarita mix, ice, ginger ale, tequila and ginger and blend until smooth.
- 2 Pour into margarita glasses rimmed with sugar.