Rib-sticking comes to mind when you savor the delicious combination of full-flavored ingredients in this hearty Louisiana specialty.
This recipe courtesy of Hormel and the Culinary Institute of America.
- 1 pound andouille sausage or smoked sausage, diced
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 4 cups long grain rice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 In a large pot, sauté the sausage and chicken.
- 2 Remove from pot.
- 3 Add onion, celery, peppers and garlic to the pot. Cook until onions are translucent.
- 4 Add the sausage and chicken back to the pot. At the same time, stir in the oregano, Kosher salt, black pepper and hot sauce.
- 5 Add the rice and the chicken stock.
- 6 Stir the mixture every couple of minutes to prevent sticking.
- 7 Cook for 20 minutes until the rice is cooked.