These biscuits are easy to tackle because there is no rolling and cutting out. Simply pat the dough into a baking dish, cut it into squares and bake.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
When measuring biscuit and baking mix, gently spoon mix into nested (dry) measuring cup/s. Using a metal spatula or straight-edged knife, level off the top.
- 3 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 In mixing bowl, stir together Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, parsley and thyme. In 2-cup glass measure, combine sour cream and milk; stir into biscuit and baking mix mixture until dough forms a ball.
- 2 Turn out onto surface dusted with additional biscuit and baking mix. Knead 10 times.
- 3 Place in 8x8x2-inch pan or 8x6x3-inch toteable dish. Using a knife, cut dough into squares. Drizzle with butter.
- 4 Bake at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely; keep warm until serving time or reheat as needed. Serve with Kick-Off Brisket.
- 5 Bake at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely; keep warm until serving time or reheat as needed. Serve with Kick-Off Brisket.