Have lots of vegetables, or just want something great to serve at the start of a meal? Try this cold soup that uses tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and red bell peppers fresh from your garden, or your local farmers market.
Watch the video as Chef Cari with The Food Channel walks you through this recipe.
For more of Chef Cari, check out the complete :90 Seconds in the Kitchen series.
- 2 English cucumbers, rough chopped
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and rough chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, rough chopped
- 1 large red onion, rough chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 48 ounces tomato juice
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 In a food processor place cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes and red onions then pulse being sure not to over process.
- 2 Combine mixture in a large bowl and add garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper, mixing well.
- 3 Chill.