This recipe for Garden-Style Fish with Onions and Bell Peppers is a perfect light entrée that’s full of flavor. White fish (tilapia, sole, perch or orange roughy) is sautéed with onions, bell peppers, vegetable broth, garlic and marjoram. Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Onion Association. —Editor
- 2 cups sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green and/or red peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound white fish filets (tilapia, sole, perch or orange roughy)
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- To taste garlic salt
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 Sauté onion and bell pepper in large skillet in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender and lightly sautéed. Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add 1 tablespoon oil to pan.
- 2 Place fish in single layer in pan. Spoon vegetables over fish and sauté 2-5 minutes (depending upon thickness of filets) or until fish is cooked halfway through.
- 3 Turn fish, sprinkle with marjoram and garlic salt and finish cooking. Add wine to pan and continue to cook, uncovered until liquid reduces slightly.
- 4 Serve fish with pan juices with the vegetables over the top.