Cut out carbs but keep the flavor in this pasta alternate that will have your mouth doing a double take. Fresh spaghetti squash with herbs, butter and garlic make this one faux pasta dish you won’t mind swapping for! And, did we mention the Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top?
Watch Chef Cari turn a squash into mouth watering Parmesan and herb spaghetti in The Food Channel’s :90 Seconds in the Kitchen series, here.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Cut the spaghetti squash with a sharp knife by removing the top and then cut vertically down through the center, leaving two halves.
- 2 Scoop out the seeds and spread olive oil onto the inside of the squash and place facedown on a baking sheet to roast at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- 3 While the squash is cooking you can chop up your parsley and basil and begin to melt the butter into a small pan.
- 4 Add a drizzle of oil and the minced garlic once the butter has melted. W
- 5 hen the saute' becomes fragrant, you can then add the fresh herbs.
- 6 When the squash is fork tender, separate the ribbons with a fork and add directly to the herb mixture.
- 7 Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste and then top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Add as little or as much cheese as you like, it's up to you!