Garlic Roasted Vegetable Ziti Bake Recipe – The flavor of fire-roasted red and yellow bell-peppers, onions and zucchini adds a unique dimension to this dish. Simple to prepare by combining cooked ziti rigati pasta with the blend of vegetables, garlic, a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a garnish of fresh basil.
Recipe courtesy of McCain Foods, USA Inc.
Click here to read our story on 2010 Side Dish Trends, sponsored by McCain Foods, USA Inc.
- 8 ounces Ziti rigati pasta, uncooked
- 4 ounces frozen Fire-roasted zucchini slices
- 3 ounces frozen Fire-roasted red bell pepper strips
- 3 ounces frozen Fire-roasted yellow bell pepper strips
- 2 ounces frozen Fire-roasted yellow onion strips
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- 1 Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2 While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil and minced garlic in small skillet over medium heat for 2-4 minutes, until garlic is browned.
- 3 Add vegetables, toss to coat with oil and garlic; warm until heated through.
- 4 When pasta is done, drain well.
- 5 Toss cooked pasta with roasted vegetables.
- 6 Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh basil.
- 7 Serve immediately.