Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Assertive and savory, these vegetables contrast nicely with the sweet-tart hens.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 389 Fat, Total: 28g Carbohydrates, Total: 35g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 206mg Protein: 5g
Fiber: 8g % Cal. from Fat: 65% % Cal. from Carbs: 36%
Cooking.com Tip: A peeler and paring set is an indispensable cook’s tool, especially when peeling and paring an assortment of vegetables. This set is designed with comfort in mind, cushioning your hand with the soft rubber handle that won’t slip, even when wet.
- 8 large garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- One 1 1/2-pound butternut squash, peeled, quartered lengthwise, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 12 small white potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled, halved lengthwise
- 10 large shallots, peeled, halved through root end
- 1 large turnip peeled, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 green bell peppers, each cut into 6 strips, seeded
- 2 red bell peppers, each cut into 6 strips, seeded
- 1 1-pound eggplant, cut lengthwise into 6 strips, then halved
- Non-stick olive oil cooking spray
- 1 Blend garlic, rosemary, pepper and salt in food processor until garlic and rosemary are finely chopped. Gradually blend in oil. Combine squash, potatoes, shallots and turnip in large bowl. Add 1/3 cup rosemary-garlic marinade and toss to coat. Combine green and red bell peppers and eggplant in large bowl. Add 1/3 cup marinade and stir to coat. Let vegetables stand 30 minutes, tossing often. Reserve remaining marinade.
- 2 Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 375º F.
- 3 Spray 2 large baking sheets generously with nonstick spray. Arrange squash, potatoes, shallots and turnip in single layer on 1 sheet; place on upper rack in oven. Arrange green and red bell peppers and eggplant on second sheet. Place on lower rack in oven. Roast all vegetables 30 minutes.
- 4 If vegetables on sheet with eggplant are tender, remove sheet to work surface, or roast on upper rack 5 to 10 minutes longer. Stir potato mixture on second sheet. Roast on bottom rack until tender and brown, about 15 minutes longer.
- 5 DO-AHEAD TIP: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand on sheets. Rewarm 20 minutes in 375°F oven.
- 6 Arrange vegetables on platter. Drizzle with some of reserved marinade. Serve, with remaining marinade.