This cool yet hearty gazpacho makes for an elegant summer “cocktail” appetizer when served in goblets or champagne flutes.
Why Try? This flavorful chilled soup, served on an oppressively hot day, has been known to lower one’s personal heat index.
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 1 – 48 ounce tomato juice
- 2 hot house cucumbers, halved and seeded, but not peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 2 red onions
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Put each vegetable separately into a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Do not over-process!
- 2 After each vegetable is processed, combine them in a large bowl and add garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley.
- 3 Mix well and chill 4 hours before serving.