German Chocolate Cake Brownies Recipe. The simple life of the Pilgrims traveling on the Mayflower would never have allowed them to have these decadent bars, but you can. The rich flavor is the ultimate indulgence.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 In 4-cup glass measure, combine chocolate chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on High for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; set aside.
- 2 In large mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, coconut, and pecans until well combined.
- 3 Pour 2/3 of the batter into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drop chocolate mixture by tablespoonfuls over batter, spreading to cover. Drop tablespoonfuls of remaining batter over top chocolate; swirl with tip of knife.
- 4 Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until bars are light golden brown and center is almost set. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Makes 48 bars.