Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, Crisp, yet chewy and loaded with chocolate chips make these over sized treats the ultimate cookie. Ground oats in the dough contribute to the pleasing texture. Like almost any chocolate chip cookie, these are best eaten the day they are made, but will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 342 Fat, Total: 17g Carbohydrates, Total: 48g
Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 157mg Protein: 4g
Fiber: 2g % Cal. from Fat: 45% % Cal. from Carbs: 56%
Tip: Use a trigger ice cream scoop the next time you make cookies. It eliminates the messy task of scooping out the dough with your fingers, and makes uniform cookies that bake evenly.
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (do not use instant or quick oats)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 12-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2 Butter 3 large (16 by 14-inch) nonstick baking sheets.
- 3 Place oats and 1/2 cup flour in processor; blend until oats are almost ground, about 10 seconds. Transfer oat mixture to medium bowl. Mix in remaining 1 cup flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 4 Using electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter in large bowl until light, about 1 minute. Add both sugars and beat until well blended, about 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended, about 1 minute. On low speed, beat in dry ingredients just until blended (do not over beat). Stir in chocolate chips.
- 5 Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing evenly apart and forming 6 mounds per sheet. Bake cookies 8 minutes. Reverse cookie sheets and continue baking until golden brown, about 8 minutes longer. Cool cookies on sheets for 5 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to racks and cool completely. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
- 6 OPTIONS: Mix 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts into dough. Replace semisweet chocolate chips with milk chocolate or white baking chips, or use a mix of all three